Download PDF →
- Make your final invoice payment and budget for next year. Your final invoice reflects 10 percent of your printing agreement, along with any upgrades or shipping, if applicable.
- Plan for summer coverage. Think about events in the community as well as those related to school.
- Schedule staff social events. Build mentoring relationships between new and incoming staffers early.
- Make final summer workshop plans.
- Organize computer files and archive your final spreads (InDesign). Export a PDF file of your book and send it to your rep.
- If you haven’t already, submit your book to Portfolio by July 1 (spring delivery). Find the form here.
- Submit your book to NSPA, CSPA and state organizations for critiques.
- Create a tentative ladder.
- Develop next year’s theme. Brainstorm ways to carry it through the book. Let it sit for a while and see if it still seems relevant and fresh. Consensus isn’t always the answer.
- Give staffers an assignment to build portfolios of their work. Hello résumé!
- If you haven’t already, develop an exchange list and share your book (or PDFs of your favorite spreads) with other schools — and with us at email@example.com.
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with the book, including advertisers.
- Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers.
- Notify rising seniors and their parents about photo deadlines and costs. If possible, insert a flier into rising senior report cards or senior product mailings.
Herff Jones Portfolio Vol. 25. It’s our “best of” collection featuring amazing photography, covers, innovations and coverage from yearbooks we print each year. This year our editors carefully combed through the hundreds of entries we received and chose 477 schools whose yearbooks stood out above the rest. To all of …
Getting feedback from the student body is a great way to gain students’ interest in buying a yearbook. Use this questionnaire, or develop your own, to gain useful information when planning your next yearbook.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: