Adviser Assistance Checklist 9
CHECKLIST 9 of 12:
- Check out herff.ly/ybk-day for tips, tricks and resources.
- Will you be moving boxes and setting up tables? Do you need help?
- How will you handle “extras” such as name plates, dust jackets and autograph supplements?
- Think through how you’ll distribute personalized books without mixing up names.
- Will students need places to sign books? Will it be a party atmosphere?
- How will students prove their payments? Did you know Herff Jones has wristbands you can hand out as entry tickets to your events?
- Make a kit for last-minute sales with a receipt book, computer, pens and money collection envelopes. Make sure you have staffers assigned to a sales table.
- Print a distribution list from eBusiness and resolve any potential issues such as duplicate orders, balances due, missing information or students who have moved.
- If you opt for name plates, you should receive them in time to check spelling and cross-check against your eBusiness list. If you
check these as soon as they arrive, you may even have time to order replacements.
- When books arrive, take a minute to have a big reveal moment with your staffers. Make it special, and take lots of pictures! Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inspect and count all of your books when they arrive. We try to send extras to account for any scuffs acquired during shipping.
- Don’t forget to pull books for your classroom, administrators, the library, contests and critiques. When you get down to about five books, start a waiting list.
- Keep entering all sales into eBusiness so your records are correct.
AND ANOTHER THING
- It’s time to get your spring supplement done! Allow two to three weeks for printing and shipping.
- Get next year’s staffers together and let them know about summer workshops. Plan some whole-staff activities for the spring.
- Look for summer workshops in your area and start the paperwork to make those happen.
All across the country, there are teachers in their first and second — and third — years as advisers who get to the end of the day and think, how in the world? It gets easier, but until then, here’s some advice.
Check out these 10 tips for making sure your yearbook makes an impact that lasts for years to come!
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: