Adviser Assistance Checklist 10
CHECKLIST 10 of 12:
Download PDF →
- Spring delivery books, if you do a supplement, it’s time to submit.
- Make your final invoice payment before you leave for summer. (This invoice does not arrive until after shipping is added.) Also, plan your budget for next year.
- When your book is delivered, submit it to Portfolio, a showcase of Herff Jones’ best
books. Find the form at herff.ly/portfolio-submit.
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with this year’s book — handwritten is best.
- Submit your book to NSPA, CSPA and state organizations for evaluations.
- Have outgoing editors write job descriptions and letters to next year’s editors.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with each staff member about the good and bad of the year. Compile ideas for future growth.
- Design theme packets as a class project.
- Create a tentative ladder.
- Notify rising seniors and their parents about required photo deadlines and costs. If possible, insert a flier into rising senior mail or email from the school.
- Plan next year’s ad campaign and begin selling. Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers.
- Get book and ad sales fliers ready for next year’s registration packet or online newsletter. Update your school website for the summer.
- Develop an exchange list and share your book (or PDFs of your favorite spreads) with other schools.
- Establish a plan for summer coverage.
- Schedule summer get-togethers and make contact lists. Start team-building between new and incoming staffers.
- Make final workshop arrangements.
You can’t pull a theme out of a hat. Take a moment with these brainstorming suggestions to pick the perfect unifier for your school this year.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: