Adviser Assistance Checklist 10
CHECKLIST 10 of 12:
- Spring delivery books, if you do a supplement, it’s time to submit.
- Make your final invoice payment before you leave for summer. (This invoice does not arrive until after shipping is added.) Also, plan your budget for next year.
- When your book is delivered, submit it to Portfolio, a showcase of Herff Jones’ best
books. Find the form at herff.ly/portfolio-submit.
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with this year’s book — handwritten is best.
- Submit your book to NSPA, CSPA and state organizations for evaluations.
- Have outgoing editors write job descriptions and letters to next year’s editors.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with each staff member about the good and bad of the year. Compile ideas for future growth.
- Design theme packets as a class project.
- Create a tentative ladder.
- Notify rising seniors and their parents about required photo deadlines and costs. If possible, insert a flier into rising senior mail or email from the school.
- Plan next year’s ad campaign and begin selling. Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers.
- Get book and ad sales fliers ready for next year’s registration packet or online newsletter. Update your school website for the summer.
- Develop an exchange list and share your book (or PDFs of your favorite spreads) with other schools.
- Establish a plan for summer coverage.
- Schedule summer get-togethers and make contact lists. Start team-building between new and incoming staffers.
- Make final workshop arrangements.
Make your child’s senior yearbook even more special with the inclusion of your own personal memories and words of congratulations in an ad designed specifically for your child.
Giovanni Montalvo didn’t get his yearbook portrait taken his senior year at Cinco Ranch High School. Or his junior, or sophomore or freshman year. He can’t really remember why. He was still interviewed for his senior yearbook and even made a video, “My Life Through Yearbooks,” (above) which has more …
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: