Announcement Etiquette High School
Announcements and Namecard Etiquette
Here are some things you need to know about sending out your graduation announcements that will help you save time and give you an A+ in graduation etiquette.
- Send your Announcements to family and friends early enough to arrive two weeks before your graduation date.
- Two envelopes come with each announcement. Address the larger, outer envelope with a blue or black pen. Write out the complete address, using as few abbreviations as possible. Place your personalized return address labels on the upper left-hand corner or the envelope flap. Using Herff Jones Return Address Labels makes it easy and convenient.
Mr.and Mrs. David W. Smith
4321 Main Street
Hometown, California 54321
- The smaller, inner envelope protects your announcement and is addressed only with the names of the recipients, as if you were speaking to them (for example, Grandma, Uncle Paul, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson). List children by name on this inner envelope only.
Example: Aunt Meghan and Uncle David or Justin and Judy
- Place the “Finishing Touch” Announcement Insert over the announcement text.
- If your announcement includes a namecard slot, place your personal Graduate Namecard there. If it doesn’t, place your namecard on top of the “Finishing Touch” Announcement Insert in the fold so that your name faces away from the announcement message.
- If you are including a Celebration Card or Open House Invitation, place it in the fold in the same manner, facing away from the announcement message.
- Place the announcement in the smaller envelope with the folded edge down and the front of the announcement facing the flap.
- Place the smaller envelope into the larger one with the unsealed flap facing the address side of the larger envelope.
- Seal the outer envelope securely, apply a Class Envelope Seal and send via first.
Graduate in School Branded Caps & GownsEvery year, millions of college students will proudly walk across a stage, recognizing a pinnacle event in their lifetime – their graduation from college. Colleges and Institutions alike should be recognizing these graduates’ proud moments with a cap and gown that personalizes the graduation …
Everything you need to know about college graduation announcement etiquette.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: