Metal Quality/Karat Facts
Most Herff Jones rings are available in 10K and 14K Yellow Gold or White Gold. In addition, some styles offer 18K Yellow or White Gold, Ultrium (a fine jeweler’s stainless alloy) and Extreme Silver. Metal offering is dependent upon manufacturing requirements and stability.
Gold is the standard in fine jewelry, with a unique richness and brightness. Three fine varieties of gold are available for your class ring.
- Yellow Gold: Available in 18K, 14K, & 10K for all ring styles.
- White Gold: Available in 18K, 14K, & 10K for all ring styles
- Crimson Gold®: Available in 10K for all ring styles.
Unless otherwise noted, all ring crests, panels, vistatops, and settings are 10K gold.
- Extreme Silver Alloy® is an alloy that contains silver and palladium along with other metals.
- Extreme AuRista™ is an alloy that contains gold, silver and palladium along with other metals.
- Ultrium® is a non-precious metal alloy.
- Antique Finish: Applied by using an electrolytic process that results in a permanent dark finish to create design contrast.
- Natural Finish: Highly polished without a finish applied.
The finest simulated and natural stones are available to accent your ring.