COLLEGE CLASS RING LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Herff Jones fully warrants both your ring or pendant and simulated birthstone to be free from defects in workmanship and/or material. Herff Jones will repair any such defects or replace the ring or pendant without charge. If your ring or pendant cannot be repaired or replaced under these terms, a refund will be allowed.
According to industry standards, the following services will be performed on your Herff Jones College Class Jewelry without charge:
- Repair defects in workmanship or material.
- Replace the item if repairs cannot be made due to defects in workmanship or material.
- Replace defective, broken, or lost simulated birthstones.
- Resize your ring.
- Restore the original finish on your ring or pendant.
- Change the year date on your ring or pendant if your year of graduation changes while you are still in school.
- You may trade in your Herff Jones High School 10K, 14K, or 18K gold ring for credit toward the purchase of a Herff Jones College Class Ring at any time. The trade-in credit you will be given for your high school ring will be gold reclamation value based on the prevailing gold price on the world market at the time of the trade-in.
- Any ring submitted to Herff Jones under claim of this warranty must be positively identified as a Herff Jones ring and manufactured after 1985.
- Other natural, genuine, synthetic, and simulated stones, such as diamonds, topaz, Hope Star Sapphires, Royal CZs, etc., are not covered under this warranty.
- Herff Jones Limited Lifetime Warranty is void if any work is performed on the ring or pendant by anyone other than Herff Jones.
- You are responsible for the delivery of your ring or pendant to your local Herff Jones office or the Herff Jones Warranty Service Center.
- Damages resulting from improper handling, lack of care, or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
- Changes cannot be made after your order has been processed. Deposit cannot be returned for any article after order has been entered for manufacture. Any questions regarding warranty and repairs should be directed to your local Herff Jones office.
To make a claim:
Contact your local Herff Jones Sales Representative (click here to find your Herff Jones Sales Representative)
Download our electronic Warranty Claim Form. (Includes detailed shipping, packaging, and submission instructions.)
For the period extending six years from the date of purchase, the Lost Ring Program™ (LRP) is designed to help you obtain a replacement ring if your college class ring is permanently lost or stolen. The LRP is in effect only for your original ring and has a one-time use policy. Genuine stones and diamonds are not covered by this warranty. Replacement price is a reduced fee adjusted to reflect the current precious metal prices. Herff Jones College class rings purchased from Herff Jones after July 1, 2006 are eligible for this offer. Certain terms and conditions apply.
Find out more about our Lost Ring Program.
CARE AND CLEANING OF YOUR FINE JEWELRY
Care for your Herff Jones college class jewelry as you would any fine jewelry, with these suggested guidelines.
Even the purest of gold or silver jewelry will tarnish or discolor if subjected to harsh cleaning materials, acids, or alkalines. Your jewelry will return to its original luster if washed with a mild soap and water and finished by buffing with a soft cloth.
To preserve the beauty and luster of your jewelry, polish with a good jewelry cleaner or wash with mild soap. Dry with a soft cloth. Damage to your jewelry may occur when using a brush, sharp instrument or rough cloth for cleaning. Note: should tarnish appear, it can be removed with a fine jewelry polishing cloth.
To protect your jewelry from permanent damage, avoid any contact with mercury or harsh acids. It will be permanently discolored. Be sure to remove your jewelry before coming into contact with these harmful chemicals.
To safeguard against breakage or nicks, always remove your jewelry before engaging in sports or heavy labor and store it carefully in a protected location. Quality simulated gemstones and precious metals cannot withstand abuse of this nature.
A very small number of people may experience a reaction between their skin oils and quality jewelry products, which may result in a discoloration of their skin. This can generally be avoided by cleaning the jewelry more frequently as described above.
YOUR STORY. DESIGNED BY YOU. CRAFTED BY US.