50 Yearbook Survey Questions for Students
A STARTING PLACE FOR INTERVIEWS
We have provided some survey questions to ask high school students to inspire yearbook coverage ideas. Use these 50 top questions for surveys or as a jumping-off point for yearbook interviews.
- What is the most challenging task as a senior?
- What is the most creative excuse you’ve ever used to get out of a homework assignment?
- What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?
- Describe senioritis.
- Describe your senior year in three words.
- What has been the highlight of your senior year?
- Where do you imagine yourself 10 years from now?
- If you were told you couldn’t graduate unless you could prove your achievements from the past four years, what three examples would you use?
- Who do you think is the most influential person in the United States? Why?
- In some cultures, if you save someone’s life, he/she is forever in your debt. Who would you most want to be indebted to you?
- What do you collect and how long have you been collecting? Why?
- What sport should our school add next year and why?
- What is the one sacrifice you would not be willing to make, even if it meant solving all of the world’s problems?
- What is the strangest advice your parents ever gave you that proved to be correct?
- What trend or fad are you most embarrassed about being a part of?
- I am always happy to see…(a particular person) because…
- I am most grateful for…
- I am inspired by…(a person or event and why).
- I am disappointed with…
- I am waiting for…(some important event or circumstance).
- I will never forget…(most memorable event/person).
- Describe the scariest encounter you ever had.
- What was the dumbest saying of the year?
- What was the most meaningful assignment a teacher ever had you do?
- What is your greatest fear and have you ever tried to face it?
- Do you have any bad habits that you simply refuse to change? Explain.
- What is the most important quality in a friendship and why?
- Do you think high school is preparing you for college?
- Finish this sentence: “I could not live without…”
- Which one memory will you remember forever about your time here?
- Who has given you the best advice? What did they say?
- What is the worst thing about being a senior?
- What is your dream college and why?
- Which event did you most look forward to this year? Did it live up to expectations?
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?
- Finish this sentence: “In 20 years, I’m going to be…”
- Describe a dramatic/serious experience that has altered your life completely.
- When you look back on this school in later years, what will you remember most?
- What is one outrageous thing you desperately want to try before you die?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move and why?
- Do you have a childhood toy that you refuse to give up? If so, what is it and why is it so special to you?
- What’s usually the first thought in your head when you wake up in the morning?
- Have you ever predicted an event and then had it happen? What was it?
- Do you have a special place where you go to be alone? If so, where is it and why is this place so special?
- What weird habit do you have when you’re nervous and how long has it been going on? (Ex. tap your foot, twirl your fingers, etc.)
- What excuses do you give people when you don’t want to go somewhere?
- What dreams do you have for the world of tomorrow?
- Do you have any scars that resemble something? If so, what and where?
- Who is your hero and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what five things would you need to survive and why?
This is a list of words that are commonly misspelled. Post this list in your yearbook room so your copy editors can make sure these words are spelled correctly.
Getting the best school pictures is easy once you know the tricks of the trade.Seeing the changes that take place over 12-13 years of school is fun for parents most immediately and becomes fun for the actual subjects much later. When the windowed envelopes are distributed by the homeroom teachers, it’s …
Yearbook inspiration and ideas are easy to come by with Herff Jones. We offer abundant examples of yearbook design, photography, theme development, coverage and more. Our Showcase can light the spark that turns your ideas into something truly remarkable and displays only the best examples of yearbook magnificence.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: