Yearbook Story Ideas
NEED AN IDEA FOR A STORY?
Good yearbook stories feature content students will want to remember, but coming up with ideas for those stories isn’t always easy. We have provided some potential story ideas to help build your yearbook content.
- College: applying – time and money involved, essays, visiting colleges
- Graduation: graduating early, taking five or more years, gifts, traditions
- 13 years: those seniors who have been in the district/school since their first day of kindergarten
- Best friends: how they met, when they’ve disagreed, what has kept them close
- Practical jokes and fun
- Siblings: at same school, twins
- Amusement parks
- Elections/political involvement
- Environmental awareness
- Fashion and trends
- Favorite music
- School rivalries
CLUBS and ORGANIZATIONS
- If I could invent a club, it would be…
- Interaction with local community
- Best and most memorable service projects
- Feature someone who has been in in the club all four years
- College recruiting
- Crosstown rivals
- Local press coverage of school athletes
- Sideline personnel: managers, trainers, waterboys, statisticians
- Training outside of school
- Long term projects: How do you approach them? When do you finish? Prefer or abhor them?
- Test stories: AP, ACT, SAT successes and flops
- Portfolios: students who must submit a collection of their work for a grade
Check out these 10 tips for making sure your yearbook makes an impact that lasts for years to come!
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: