Yearbook Marketing Ideas
TIPS TO PROMOTE YOUR YEARBOOK SALE
- School/community posters — place them at school in restrooms, lockers, library, gym and office; place in community at banks, post office(s), grocery stores, the mall, fast food hangouts and especially in the store windows of yearbook advertisers
- Principal or activity parent newsletter
- School radio or TV promotions
- Teasers in school before sale
- Fliers in halls, mailboxes, lockers or on local pizza delivery boxes
- Telemarketing after initial campaig
- “Don’t Forget” Card with a piece of string attached
- Channel One Ads — Top 10 reasons to buy a yearbook
- PA announcements. Use music — make them interesting
- News releases in local newspapers, on radio or TV
- Ads in the school newspaper
- School sign boards
- Soft drink can stickers. Use “crack & peel” paper
- Balloons during passing periods and after school
- Banners on the front or main entrance to the school
- Slide show to kick off sales
- Sidewalk chalking
- Staff shirts on day of kick-off
- Ads in football or basketball program. Inserts work well
- Letters to parents — Herff Jones has pre-designed ones available. Ask your Sales Representative for details
- Increase price after initial campaign to encourage early subscriptions. Follow-up postcards to remind parents that it’s not too late to order yearbooks
- Order postcards for students to complete; then invoice parents for these orders
- “Sneak Peak of the Week” — display posters in school with photos from yearbook!
Sources for this article include the Gettysburg Yearbook Experience notebook.
Plus One Portable Yearbooks
Herff Jones’ Plus One is the digital companion alongside the printed yearbook. The year’s events are at your fingertips anytime, anywhere on your smartphone or tablet, at no cost to your school or anyone who has purchased a yearbook.LEARN MORE
Getting to Know Your Team
A well-trained yearbook staff is a finely tuned machine where everyone chips in to help so that deadlines are met and the book is the best it can be. Done well, it is a true testament to the power of working together as a team.
Yearbook Spread Anatomy
Walk through these 12 elements of yearbook spread design to make sure your book’s design is complete!
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: