Yearbook Marketing Ideas
TIPS TO PROMOTE YOUR YEARBOOK SALE
- School/community posters — place them at school in restrooms, lockers, library, gym and office; place in community at banks, post office(s), grocery stores, the mall, fast food hangouts and especially in the store windows of yearbook advertisers
- Principal or activity parent newsletter
- School radio or TV promotions
- Teasers in school before sale
- Fliers in halls, mailboxes, lockers or on local pizza delivery boxes
- Telemarketing after initial campaig
- “Don’t Forget” Card with a piece of string attached
- Channel One Ads — Top 10 reasons to buy a yearbook
- PA announcements. Use music — make them interesting
- News releases in local newspapers, on radio or TV
- Ads in the school newspaper
- School sign boards
- Soft drink can stickers. Use “crack & peel” paper
- Balloons during passing periods and after school
- Banners on the front or main entrance to the school
- Slide show to kick off sales
- Sidewalk chalking
- Staff shirts on day of kick-off
- Ads in football or basketball program. Inserts work well
- Letters to parents — Herff Jones has pre-designed ones available. Ask your Sales Representative for details
- Increase price after initial campaign to encourage early subscriptions. Follow-up postcards to remind parents that it’s not too late to order yearbooks
- Order postcards for students to complete; then invoice parents for these orders
- “Sneak Peak of the Week” — display posters in school with photos from yearbook!
Sources for this article include the Gettysburg Yearbook Experience notebook.
Hear it from Ann – It’s always fun to study the new releases, noting what staffs are doing well and how trends are shifting. Whatever time I allot to reviewing books, I always wish I had more.
Giovanni Montalvo didn’t get his yearbook portrait taken his senior year at Cinco Ranch High School. Or his junior, or sophomore or freshman year. He can’t really remember why. He was still interviewed for his senior yearbook and even made a video, “My Life Through Yearbooks,” (above) which has more …
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: