New Adviser Checklist
NEW ADVISER CHECKLIST
- Follow HJYearbook on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And, add herffjones.com as an approved sender for your email.
- Watch for our Adviser Assistance email. It’s packed with practical, timely links so you don’t have to learn everything on day one.
- Help your staff choose a theme and a cover that goes with it. Check out the Theme and Voice tab at LearnYBK.com.
Check out these life-savers:
- Put students to work covering the events of the year.
- Chart those out on your ladder (it’s in your yellow kit box).
- Put Task Manager to use assigning events.
- Schedule a meeting with your rep, if you haven’t already. This first meeting could be lengthy, so be prepared to have time set aside. Cover the following:
- Schedule a chat with your school office/support staff. They can be your best source to uncover your source for the following:
- School photographer and photo day process
- Student name/parent email lists for eBusiness/book sales
- Book sales success: What has worked in the past? What hasn’t worked?
- Notes from previous years
- Schedule a chat with your principal(s)
- What is his/her vision for the yearbook?
- What did they like about the book?
- What might they change?
- Assign spreads and staffers to each deadline. Create a calendar and make sure everyone, including parents, know what’s up.
Check out these 10 tips for making sure your yearbook makes an impact that lasts for years to come!
Herff Jones’ Plus One is the digital companion alongside the printed yearbook. The year’s events are at your fingertips anytime, anywhere on your smartphone or tablet, at no cost to your school or anyone who has purchased a yearbook.LEARN MORE
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: