New Adviser Checklist
NEW ADVISER CHECKLIST
- Follow HJYearbook on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And, add herffjones.com as an approved sender for your email.
- Watch for our Adviser Assistance email. It’s packed with practical, timely links so you don’t have to learn everything on day one.
- Help your staff choose a theme and a cover that goes with it. Check out the Theme and Voice tab at LearnYBK.com.
Check out these life-savers:
- Put students to work covering the events of the year.
- Chart those out on your ladder (it’s in your yellow kit box).
- Put Task Manager to use assigning events.
- Schedule a meeting with your rep, if you haven’t already. This first meeting could be lengthy, so be prepared to have time set aside. Cover the following:
- Schedule a chat with your school office/support staff. They can be your best source to uncover your source for the following:
- School photographer and photo day process
- Student name/parent email lists for eBusiness/book sales
- Book sales success: What has worked in the past? What hasn’t worked?
- Notes from previous years
- Schedule a chat with your principal(s)
- What is his/her vision for the yearbook?
- What did they like about the book?
- What might they change?
- Assign spreads and staffers to each deadline. Create a calendar and make sure everyone, including parents, know what’s up.
At the close of the year, distribution day sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel. But, it’s not for the faint of heart. Or for the unprepared.
One professional designer has three JEA/NSPA conventions to thank for his career. So, take note fall convention attendees. You never know which students will find their callings, their careers and their tribes through high school publications.
Other than yearbook sales, the best income source for the yearbook budget is the sale of advertising. In addition to senior parent ads and student friendship ads, the business community tends to be a great supporter of student activities, including yearbook.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: