New Adviser Checklist
NEW ADVISER CHECKLIST
- Follow HJYearbook on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And, add herffjones.com as an approved sender for your email.
- Watch for our Adviser Assistance email. It’s packed with practical, timely links so you don’t have to learn everything on day one.
- Help your staff choose a theme and a cover that goes with it. Check out the Theme and Voice tab at LearnYBK.com.
Check out these life-savers:
- Put students to work covering the events of the year.
- Chart those out on your ladder (it’s in your yellow kit box).
- Put Task Manager to use assigning events.
- Schedule a meeting with your rep, if you haven’t already. This first meeting could be lengthy, so be prepared to have time set aside. Cover the following:
- Schedule a chat with your school office/support staff. They can be your best source to uncover your source for the following:
- School photographer and photo day process
- Student name/parent email lists for eBusiness/book sales
- Book sales success: What has worked in the past? What hasn’t worked?
- Notes from previous years
- Schedule a chat with your principal(s)
- What is his/her vision for the yearbook?
- What did they like about the book?
- What might they change?
- Assign spreads and staffers to each deadline. Create a calendar and make sure everyone, including parents, know what’s up.
Interviewing is so much more than just getting a good quote. Learn how to make your yearbook copy come alive with the art of the interview.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: