Adviser Assistance Checklist 8
CHECKLIST 8 of 12:
Download PDF →
- Warm and sunny day? All hands on deck to get spring sports covered!
- As you make pages final, assign a staffer to clean up computer files and archive this year’s work.
- Run your index (again)! Make sure a responsible staffer has ownership of the index and is tracking finalized pages.
- Get started on spring sports and a seniorsonly supplement. These are great training tools for younger staffers, plus they can be used to generate additional revenue.
- Spring-delivery books, know your end date for selling through Yearbook Order Center and publicize it to those last-minute buyers.
- Sell to non-buyers if you still have unsold books. Run eBusiness reports to identify everyone who has not bought a book.
- Do you need help with distribution day? Go to herff.ly/ybk-day.
- Interview applicants for next year’s staff. If you don’t have the best of the best, start recruiting and asking for recommendations.
- Plan fundraisers for spring like photo booths at prom, car washes and yard sales.
- Look at your photography equipment and start your wishlist for next year.
- Continue training your editors and leaders for next year. Make time for your new leaders to shadow their peers, especially if you have seniors graduating.
- Plan around spring conventions. Don’t miss those deadlines!
Mary Kay Downes, MJE, prides herself on being in the know. She’s advised the Chantilly High School yearbook for more than 30 years. But this surprised her.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: