Adviser Assistance Checklist 8
CHECKLIST 8 of 12:
- Warm and sunny day? All hands on deck to get spring sports covered!
- As you make pages final, assign a staffer to clean up computer files and archive this year’s work.
- Run your index (again)! Make sure a responsible staffer has ownership of the index and is tracking finalized pages.
- Get started on spring sports and a seniorsonly supplement. These are great training tools for younger staffers, plus they can be used to generate additional revenue.
- Spring-delivery books, know your end date for selling through Yearbook Order Center and publicize it to those last-minute buyers.
- Sell to non-buyers if you still have unsold books. Run eBusiness reports to identify everyone who has not bought a book.
- Do you need help with distribution day? Go to herff.ly/ybk-day.
- Interview applicants for next year’s staff. If you don’t have the best of the best, start recruiting and asking for recommendations.
- Plan fundraisers for spring like photo booths at prom, car washes and yard sales.
- Look at your photography equipment and start your wishlist for next year.
- Continue training your editors and leaders for next year. Make time for your new leaders to shadow their peers, especially if you have seniors graduating.
- Plan around spring conventions. Don’t miss those deadlines!
What is a yearbook? It is a memory book, a photo book, a reference book… It is all of these and much more.
Need help convincing your administrator to make yearbook or newspaper a class instead of extracurricular? Share this white paper with him/her to show them the value of what you are training your students for in the future.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: