Adviser Assistance Checklist 6
CHECKLIST 6 of 12:
- Meeting deadlines should be your top priority. If you’re stressed, (and all advisers are stressed at this time of year) make this the
one item you check on this list.
- Make sure you have a handle on winter sports teams photos. Ask coaches or players you know to ID players. Double-check using team rosters.
- Check your non-buyers report and your coverage report (or run your index.) Time to remind students who have not bought a book that they’re covered.
- Enter any in-school sales into eBusiness to keep accurate records. Send invoices for all ads with balances due.
- Enter any complimentary copies (office, media center, administration, resource officer, etc.) into eBusiness for accurate order numbers.
- Plan a series of sales promotions around upcoming holidays and school events.
- Confirm your deposits are up to date. Deposits total 90 percent of your base agreement price so the final 10 percent is due along with any additions, upgrades, tax and shipping if applicable on your final invoice after the book delivers.
- Distribute staff applications for next year. Interview, recruit and ask for recommendations.
- Check and recheck your master list of ads sold and confirm they are included in the book. If you’re building ads for parents, plan proofing into the production cycle. If parents create ads using OAC, they have already proofed them.
- Dream of distribution day. Talk to your rep about the date you could expect your book to arrive on campus and allow several days leeway before you schedule your event. Consider how you will promote it. Do you get to have a signing party or distribution event? Check out herff.ly/ybk-day.
‘Tis the season to take a step back from the computer. That’s right. Put down the spreads. Take one step back. Now another. Now a deep breath.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: