Adviser Assistance Checklist 5
CHECKLIST 5 of 12:
- Beware! With holiday breaks, deadlines are closer than they appear.
- Keep spirits high and staffers focused. Balance work time with fun time and start a staff tradition.
- Assign a veteran staffer to lead quality control. And, make sure new eyes are seeing finished spreads before they’re final. Spellcheck early and often.
- It’s time to think about next year’s staff and start recruiting. Go to herff.ly/ybk-recruiting for resources.
- Do you have photo retakes? Upload the new photos and include a not-pictured list in your portraits section to create a complete and accurate record.
- Make sure eBusiness is updated with all in-school sales. Check books sold against your order. Did you order the right number?
- Look for opportunities to up your coverage. Can you fit a mod in that space? Ask your staffers, “How many books have you sold on this spread?”
- Taking photos inside can be difficult, and outside, it’s getting darker and darker. Whether you’re covering basketball or parades, pre-plan your hardest shots and camera settings.
Professional writers typically use four types of sentence structures when writing copy. Practice emulating each of these sentence structures when composing your yearbook copy.
Advisers Jim Govreau and Morgan Miltner both submitted their final yearbooks March 9. But, they still have a book to complete. Read how these staffs teamed up to create a book in two weeks for a neighboring school in need.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: