Adviser Assistance Checklist 5
CHECKLIST 5 of 12:
- Beware! With holiday breaks, deadlines are closer than they appear.
- Keep spirits high and staffers focused. Balance work time with fun time and start a staff tradition.
- Assign a veteran staffer to lead quality control. And, make sure new eyes are seeing finished spreads before they’re final. Spellcheck early and often.
- It’s time to think about next year’s staff and start recruiting. Go to herff.ly/ybk-recruiting for resources.
- Do you have photo retakes? Upload the new photos and include a not-pictured list in your portraits section to create a complete and accurate record.
- Make sure eBusiness is updated with all in-school sales. Check books sold against your order. Did you order the right number?
- Look for opportunities to up your coverage. Can you fit a mod in that space? Ask your staffers, “How many books have you sold on this spread?”
- Taking photos inside can be difficult, and outside, it’s getting darker and darker. Whether you’re covering basketball or parades, pre-plan your hardest shots and camera settings.
Yes, you may think you have some great ideas for your yearbook, but, have you stopped to consider whether you have the legal right to include any of these works in your publication? Every yearbook staff should be familiar with the basics of copyright law.
Herff Jones Portfolio Vol. 25. It’s our “best of” collection featuring amazing photography, covers, innovations and coverage from yearbooks we print each year. This year our editors carefully combed through the hundreds of entries we received and chose 477 schools whose yearbooks stood out above the rest. To all of …
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: