Adviser Assistance Checklist 3
CHECKLIST 3 of 12:
- Check your deadlines for cover and endsheets.
- If spreads are being created without a consistent set of fonts or design templates, HALT. Don’t make more work for your staff. Set ground rules before you get too far.
- Done with picture day? On to club picture day. Go to LearnYBK.com to find the plan in People and Index.
- Don’t forget fall sports teams. Get coaches or other players you know or have on your staff to help identify the players.
- Make sure every page or spread has a folio.
- Are your staffers keeping up with who’s doing what? Remember: All stories and photos need bylines.
- Set up character styles and make sure your whole staff knows how to use them consistently. Make a chart and put it on the wall so everyone can see.
- Kick off all that senior hoopla before seniors “check out.” Get ads, superlatives — if you do those — and senior features done before they become scarce.
- Your next-level book pricing may go into effect soon. Make sure to have a big sales push before it does.
- Check in with your staffers. Make sure teams are getting along.
- Have you promoted your business and parent ad deadlines? You’ll probably need to do this more than once.
Yearbook is for Life
While the language varies, it’s no surprise so many people in the yearbook world share common sentiments. There’s a nearly universal dread as deadlines somehow become more difficult at the end. Everyone is busy and tired — maybe overwhelmed.
When the Struggle is Real, Adapt
Erinn Harris had everything figured out. She ran the well-oiled machine that was the yearbook program at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology. And, she had a system in place.
Adviser Assistance Checklist 10
Your yearbook to-do list for April-May.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: