Adviser Assistance Checklist 2
CHECKLIST 2 of 12:
- Plan for unexpected absences from school. Especially, consider how to crowdsource info and photos if you are separated from students. Consider eShare as an option.
- Lean on LearnYBK.com for help with lesson planning.
- Assign video tutorials for eDesign and InDesign. (Learn menu on MyHJyearbook.com.)
- Plan for picture day.
- Let us sell your book for you. Sign up for Sales Assist.
- Deadlines are sneaky. Make sure the first one is all planned out.
- Ask your rep about Send and Sell. It’s a sales machine built right into eDesign.
- Hunt, gather and organize. Make sure writers and photographers have a plan for saving and organizing files.
- Schedule time with your leaders. Make sure everything’s going as planned.
- If you’re not an early bird, cover and endsheet deadlines are right around the corner. Check your deadlines on MyHJyearbook.com.
- Even though you may submit these pages later, plan coverage for your opening, closing and dividers. Remember to make visual-verbal connections.
- How are your ads selling? Consider a wholestaff sell-a-thon if you’re not where you hoped to be.
Interviewing is so much more than just getting a good quote. Learn how to make your yearbook copy come alive with the art of the interview.
Mary Kay Downes, MJE, prides herself on being in the know. She’s advised the Chantilly High School yearbook for more than 30 years. But this surprised her.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: