Adviser Assistance Checklist 11
CHECKLIST 11 of 12:
- Make your final invoice payment and budget for next year. Your final invoice reflects 10 percent of your printing agreement, along
with any additions, upgrades, tax and shipping, if applicable.
- Plan for summer coverage. Think about events in the community as well as those related to school.
- Schedule staff social events. Build mentoring relationships between new and incoming staffers early.
- Make final summer workshop plans.
- Organize computer files and archive your final spreads (InDesign). Export a PDF file of your book and send it to your rep.
- Develop next year’s theme. Brainstorm ways to carry it through the book. Let it sit for a while and see if it still seems relevant and fresh. Consensus isn’t always the answer.
- Give staffers an assignment to build portfolios of their work. Hello résumé!
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with the book, including advertisers and sponsors — handwritten is best.
- Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers — and take the time to follow up.
It’s spring. You still have books to sell. Something has to happen. This is when Lisa Sherman kicks off her annual telethon.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: