Adviser Assistance Checklist 11
CHECKLIST 11 of 12:
- Make your final invoice payment and budget for next year. Your final invoice reflects 10 percent of your printing agreement, along
with any additions, upgrades, tax and shipping, if applicable.
- Plan for summer coverage. Think about events in the community as well as those related to school.
- Schedule staff social events. Build mentoring relationships between new and incoming staffers early.
- Make final summer workshop plans.
- Organize computer files and archive your final spreads (InDesign). Export a PDF file of your book and send it to your rep.
- Develop next year’s theme. Brainstorm ways to carry it through the book. Let it sit for a while and see if it still seems relevant and fresh. Consensus isn’t always the answer.
- Give staffers an assignment to build portfolios of their work. Hello résumé!
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with the book, including advertisers and sponsors — handwritten is best.
- Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers — and take the time to follow up.
Need help convincing your administrator to make yearbook or newspaper a class instead of extracurricular? Share this white paper with him/her to show them the value of what you are training your students for in the future.
What is a yearbook? It is a memory book, a photo book, a reference book… It is all of these and much more.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: