Download PDF →
- If you haven’t already, get your hands on our new curriculum, How to Yearbook: The HJ Way, available in print through your rep, and supplements online at LearnYBK.com. Read the Welcome section — and remember to breathe!
- Ramp up with online video tutorials for eDesign and InDesign.
(Click the help button when you’re logged in to eDesign or check out the Learn menu on myHJyearbook.com.)
- Set your important dates with administrators: Picture day, club picture day, etc.
- Sell that book. Don’t miss the opportunity to sell yearbooks at registration or back-to-school nights. Consider offering the lowest price of the year at these events.
- Have you called your rep today? Make sure you have hammered out budgets, deadlines and other important details.
- Fill in your wall ladder or desk ladder, and make sure you have all sports, clubs, academic areas and pre-planned events covered. Brainstorm new ways to cover them.
- Choose fonts, color palettes and designs using your HJ kit resources.
- Ask your rep about Sales Assist and Send and Sell. These are tools we provide to help you make sales.
- Get those photographers snappin’. Make sure your staffers are capturing the images of the year as school begins.
- Review roles of staffers, discuss workflow, approval process and begin gathering content for the first deadline.
- Cover and endsheet deadlines are right around the corner. Make sure you’ve checked your deadlines on myhjyearbook.com.
- Plan coverage for your opening, closing and dividers. Remember to make visual-verbal connections.
- Start putting type packages together for headlines. Choose styles for caption lead-ins, subheads and sidebars.
- How are your ads selling? Your deadlines should be in October. Consider a whole-staff sell-a-thon if you’re falling behind.
- Chart your deadlines and assign spreads to each.
Make a calendar of worknights and make sure everyone, including parents, knows what’s up.
Whether you want to try a one day sale or one week sale, we have outlined both strategies to get you started!
Check out these 10 tips for making sure your yearbook makes an impact that lasts for years to come!
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: