Download PDF →
- Check your deadlines for cover and endsheets.
- Celebrate National Yearbook Week by spreading the love. And, follow along with Herff Jones’ week-long celebration.
- If spreads are being created without a consistent set of fonts or design templates, HALT. Don’t make more work for your staff. Set ground rules before you get too far.
- Done with picture day? On to club picture day. Go to LearnYBK.com to find the plan in section 10.
- Don’t forget fall sports teams. Get coaches or other players you know or have on your staff to help identify the players.
- Make sure every page or spread has a folio.
- Are your staffers keeping up with who’s doing what? Remember: All stories and photos need bylines.
- Set up character styles and make sure your whole staff knows how to use them consistently. Make a chart and put them on the wall so everyone can see.
- Kick off all that senior hoopla before senioritis sets in. Get ads, superlatives — if you do those — and senior features done before they become scarce.
- Have you set mini-deadlines yet? Make sure you are getting pages done in small chunks.
- It may be time to raise book prices. Make sure to have a big sales push before you do!
- Check in with your staffers. Make sure teams are getting along.
- Have your promoted your business and parent ad deadlines?
Make note of these 10 type tips as you create your yearbook. These font foundations can help you design the best look for your book.
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: