Download PDF →
- If you’re planning distribution day, check the April checklist, which was dedicated to that very topic.
- Submit your supplement now.
- Make your final invoice payment and plan your budget for next year.
- Submit your book to Portfolio, a showcase of Herff Jones’ best books. Find the form at YearbookDiscoveries.com.
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with this year’s book.
- Submit your book to NSPA, CSPA and state organizations for evaluations.
- Have outgoing editors write job descriptions and letters to next year’s editors.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with each staff member about the good and bad of the year. Compile ideas for future growth.
- Design theme packets as a class project.
- Create a tentative ladder.
- Notify rising seniors and their parents about required photo deadlines and costs. If possible, insert a flyer into rising senior newsletters and mail from the school.
- Plan next year’s ad campaign and begin selling. Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers.
- Get book and ad sales fliers ready for next year’s registration packet or online newsletter. Update your school website for the summer.
- Develop an exchange list and share your book (or PDFs of your favorite spreads) with other schools.
- Establish a plan for summer coverage.
- Schedule summer get-togethers and make contact lists. Start team-building between new and incoming staffers.
- Make final summer camp arrangements.
Check out these 10 tips for making sure your yearbook makes an impact that lasts for years to come!
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: