Yearbook Story Ideas
NEED AN IDEA FOR A STORY?
Good yearbook stories feature content students will want to remember, but coming up with ideas for those stories isn’t always easy. We have provided some potential story ideas to help build your yearbook content.
- College: applying – time and money involved, essays, visiting colleges
- Graduation: graduating early, taking five or more years, gifts, traditions
- 13 years: those seniors who have been in the district/school since their first day of class
- Injuries: how they happen, how they affect life at school, signing casts, getting around
- Practical jokes
- Siblings: at same school, twins
- Amusement parks
- Elections/political involvement
- Environmental awareness
- Fashion and trends
- Going to concerts
- School rivalries
- Spring trips, spring break
CLUBS and ORGANIZATIONS
- If I could invent a club, it would be…
- Interaction with local community
- Off-campus trips
- Feature someone who has been in in the club all four years
- College recruiting
- Crosstown rivals
- Local press coverage of school athletes
- Sideline personnel: managers, trainers, waterboys, statisticians
- Foreign exchange program
- Long term projects: How do you approach them? When do you finish? Prefer or abhor them?
- Portfolios: students who must submit a collection of their work for a grade
Have you ever wanted to volunteer for a cause you’re passionate about but had trouble finding the right one to get behind? DoSomething.org gives young people the voice and ability to make big changes. With 4.3 million members and counting, this organization is on a path to make a huge difference in the …
Create a Culture of Practice“It’s not what you know, but what you can do.” This is a truism that underpins any sort of performance—playing the piano, executing a form in Kung Fu, lashing a drive from the tee with a slight draw—or crafting a well-written story. It seems, advisers might …
Personalize Your Experience!
Enter Your School Name Here: