Back to Resources
A STARTING PLACE FOR INTERVIEWS
- What is the most challenging task as a senior?
- What is the most creative excuse you’ve ever used to get out of a homework assignment?
- What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?
- Describe senioritis.
- What has been the highlight of your senior year?
- Where do you imagine yourself 10 years from now?
- If you were told you couldn’t graduate unless you could prove your achievements from the past four years, what three examples would you use?
- Who do you think is the most influential person in the United States? Why?
- In some cultures, if you save someone’s life, he/she is forever in your debt. Who would you most want to be indebted to you?
- What do you collect and how long have you been collecting? Why?
- What is the one sacrifice you would not be willing to make, even if it meant solving all of the world’s problems?
- What is the strangest advice your parents ever gave you that proved to be correct?
- What trend or fad are you most embarrassed about being a part of?
- I am always happy to see…(a particular person) because…
- I am most grateful for…
- I am inspired by…(a person or event and why).
- I am disappointed with…
- I am waiting for…(some important event or circumstance).
- I will never forget…(most memorable event/person).
- Describe the scariest encounter you ever had.
- What was the dumbest saying of the year?
- What was the most meaningful assignment a teacher ever had you do?
- What is your greatest fear and have you ever tried to face it?
- Do you have any bad habits that you simply refuse to change? Explain.
- What is the most important quality in a friendship and why?
- Do you think high school is preparing you for college?
- Finish this sentence: “I could not live without…”
- Which one memory will you remember forever about your time here?
- Who has given you the best advice? What did they say?
- What is the worst thing about being a senior?
- What is your dream college and why?
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?
- Finish this sentence: “In 20 years, I’m going to be…”
- Describe a dramatic/serious experience that has altered your life completely.
- When you look back on this school in later years, what will you remember most?
- What is one outrageous thing you desperately want to try before you die?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move and why?
- Do you have a childhood toy that you refuse to give up? If so, what is it and why is it so special to you?
- What’s usually the first thought in your head when you wake up in the morning?
- Have you ever predicted an event and then had it happen? What was it?
- Do you have a special place where you go to be alone? If so, where is it and why is this place so special?
- What weird habit do you have when you’re nervous and how long has it been going on? (Ex. tap your foot, twirl your fingers, etc.)
- What excuses do you give people when you don’t want to go somewhere?
- What dreams do you have for the world of tomorrow?
- Do you have any scars that resemble something? If so, what and where?
- Who is your hero and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what five things would you need to survive and why?
**Content originally published on YearbookDiscoveries.com found here.