Herff Jones wants to help you recognize one student on campus who has shown academic success, community service and exemplary leadership.
The nomination process begins November 1 and ends February 8.
Criteria for scholarship winners will include the following:
- Quantitative criteria: GPA, class rank, test scores, honors, activities on campus and hours/types of community service. To view a sample of the quantitative section of the application, click here.
- Qualitative criteria: Each student is asked to answer an essay question like: "Please explain how a person believing in you has had a positive impact on your success. What did he/she do and how did it help?"
To view the procedures, click here.
For a list of frequently asked questions, click here.
To start the online process:
Principals: Once you have your student(s) in mind for nomination, they can start the application process below. Remember, multiple students can start the application process, but you can only pick one nominee from your school. Upon selecting your student's completed online application, you will then write a short letter of recommendation.
Students: To start the application, please click here. Once you've started the application, you can continue to access your account by going directly to https://aim.applyists.net/HerffJones
2015 Herff Jones Believe in You Scholarship & Principal's Award winners - click here.
Special thanks goes to our prestigious panel of judges who are educators from across the country. Through the expertise of ISTS (Scholarship Program Administrators) and these 8 judges, thousands of applications were thoroughly reviewed and narrowed down to the Top 50 list of $2,000 Scholarship Winners. Upon completion of this task, the top winners from each of the judges' regions were reviewed to select the Top National Winners.
- Alan Chmiel, Chmiel Educational Consulting/Retired Principal, Walpole, NH
- Dr. Michael Goddard, Assistant Superintendent, Prosper Independent School District, Prosper, TX
- Dr. Kim Gruccio, Assistant Superintendent, Egg Harbor Township School District, Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- Frank Palatucci, Director of School Leadership Programs for the Foundation of Education Administration/Retired Principal, Monroe Township, NJ
- Trista Ramirez, Assistant Principal/Director of Guidance, Palos Verdes High School, Palos Verdes Estates, CA
- Dr. Nick Stephany, Principal, Foothill High School, North Tustin, CA
- Jeff Walters, Principal, Kettle Moraine High School, Wales, WI
- Dr. Jon Milleman, Assistant Superintendent, Metropolitan School District of Washington Township, Indianapolis, IN
Meet the top three 2013 Herff Jones Believe in You Scholarship & Principal's Award winners - click here.